Image via CrunchBase
Panasonic, long only thought of as a consumer brand--which they're not only--has entered the cloud communications space with support from Broadsoft. The new entry to the market is simply called Panasonic Cloud.
Simply put, the company which once rejected ad great Jerry Della Famina's ad agency to work with them when you suggested the line "from the people who brought you Pearl Harbor" is about to make a strafing run at the US Small and Medium Business market with a $39.95 a month per line charge, after the purchase of equipment that runs $299 for one corded phone and one cordless phone.
So what does this mean--
1. Just like in the era pre-deregulation you can now buy your phones and service from the same company and all under the same brand.
2. Broadsoft has become the platform of choice for cloud telephony.
3. The SMB market will be attacked by just about any company with business relationship with a business customer.
4. The cable guys have waited just a bit too long to go after the business market.
5. Panasonic has the budget dollars to draw a lot of attention to the concept of Cloud Communications.