Longtime business DSL and VoIP operator Speakeasy, now owned by BestBuy, has identified what they call the Five Myths of VoIP that prevent business from making the switch to VoIP:
1. It’s not really going to save much money- saves up to 45% over traditional services in some cases, not to mention costs of switching employee phone lines, which increase the average phone bill by about 30%.
2. It’s too much of a hassle to set up and manage – Hosted VoIP is as simple as setting up Internet service, and Integrated VoIP can plug right into existing equipment for those locked in a lease.
3. Call clarity is inferior to traditional phone quality – VoIP providers can optimize Internet bandwidth to ensure voice quality.
4. The technology is still too new – VoIP has been around since the mid 90s, and is trusted by millions of companies as their preferred source of communication.
5. VoIP is just a large business solution and is not necessary for small businesses – small businesses can achieve big business telecom functionality at a fraction of the cost with VoIP.