I think the big follow ups to the Sprint/ClearWire/Google/Comcast WiMax venture will come from Apple and Intel.
1) Apple was the first PC manufacturer to embrace Bluetooth and then WiFi by building it into their computers and making it so easy to connect to.
2) Apple has a WWDC conference coming up. This is a perfect place to make the news come alive so applications that take advantage of the WiMax network can begin being developed.
3) While everyone is thinking Apple will announce a 3G iPhone, which I think will happen, I also may go as far as saying they may talk about the 4G iPhone that works on the new WiMax network and point the developers to go forth in that direction too.
4) I would not be surprised if Apple also announced with Intel as a partner, some type of retrofit to existing Mac Books and MacBook Pro platforms that enables WiMax.
5) In line with that, I would also expect the next Mac Book Air to offer WiMax on board as well as all new Mac Laptops.
6) Last but not least, I would think that the next generation of Apple Airport WiFi Routers and even the Time Capsules also offer a WiMax to WiFi step down transceiver that makes every WiFi network able to access WiMax.
These are all prognostications, based solely on gut instinct and does not come from any information from inside of Apple. I figure that by MacWorld in 2009 many of these SWAGs will either have happened or will be likely to happen.
Update--> Looks like SideCut reports agrees with me.