I'm really excited at what may be the best reason to be in Barcelona on July 4th.
It's the Mobile 2.0 Conference Europe Conference and from the looks of things, this is the place where fireworks are sparking in the mobile world. Pal Rudy De Waele is involved and that always means more than you expect (in the way of great things) will be on tap. The July event is a follow up to the successful San francisco event last October. This is ideal for early stage, angel backed and VC seeking companies as well as those start-ups who already have raised their venture capital.
Here's what Rudy passed on to me earlier today:
The Mobile 2.0 Conference is spreading its wings to Europe and will land on July 4 in Barcelona, Spain. This one-day event focusing on the Mobile Web and Disruptive Mobile Innovation, is brought to you by dotopen and the Mobile 2.0 Organizing Committee: Daniel Appelquist, Gregory Gorman, Mike Rowehl, Peter Vesterbacka and Rudy De Waele in partnership with ESADE.
The MOBILE 2.0 EUROPE conference brings together experts and thought leaders from all aspects of the mobile ecosystem, including startups, investors, mobile carriers, device manufacturers, and mobile application developers and web technologists. The conference is an opportunity for companies to connect to industry leadership and startup innovation and broaden your C-level relationships.
The event will be held at the Espacio ESADE FORUM, Barcelona and will run from 9:00am to 6:00pm with a reception at the Espacio ESADE FORUM afterward.
So, what can you expect? Two industry keynotes (to be announced), four panels and three series of innovative startups presenting live-demos.
Panel speakers as of today include:
* Tony Fish, AMF Ventures
* Dr. Maximilian Niederhofer, Associate, Atlas Venture
* Inma Martinez, Director and Principal Advisor, Stradbroke Advisor
* Anil Hansjee, Head of Corporate Development - EMEA, Google Inc.
* Mike Butcher, editor TechCrunch UK & Ireland
* Chris Liu, Managing Director, Fjord
* Leif Fågelstedt, COO, Blyk
* Ilja Laurs, Founder & CEO of GetJar
* Antonio Vince Staybl, CEO GoFresh
* Raimo van der Klein, Co-founder SPRXmobile
* Martin Duval, CEO bluenove / Director of the Orange Start-Up Program
* Carlos Domingo, General Director of Telefonica R+D labs
* Unai Iturburu, Head of Vodafone Spain R&D
* Anastassia Lauterbach, Executive Vice President for Strategy, T-Mobile International
* Peter Vesterbacka, Some Bazaar
* Daniel Appelquist, Senior Technology Strategist, Vodafone Group
Check the full speaker list here.
The Mobile 2.0 Europe presenting start-ups will be selected in 3 Categories (Seed Capital Stage, Pre Series A and Post Series A). Any start-up company with a mobile application can participate. To apply and present your company and your application, you need to fill in the online application form. Deadline for submission is June 6, 2008 at midnight CET.
Seed Capital Stage and Pre Series A Start-ups will be selected by dotopen and the Mobile 2.0 organizing committee. Post Series A Start-ups will be selected in collaboration with the VC Panel. During the event, all panel participants and organizers will vote their best Start-up in each category; the winner in each category receives an invitation to present at the Mobile 2.0 Event in San Francisco on November 3, 2008.
Early Bird registration for this event is only € 99,- till May 31 (breakfast, lunch, coffee and networking cocktail included), after that date tickets will cost €199,-
Don't hesitate to contact the organizers at [email protected] in case of any question or comment.