The middle age market, never thought of being the earlier to adopt new technology, is embracing Twitter, according to a Bulldog Reporter wrap up story today.
This means, the money spending crowd is tuning in, which also explains why smart marketers are having a presence inside twitter, tweeting away, the dullness that makes up a dull day. The value of Twitter to the marketers is obvious on a few fronts:
1. Monitor customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction as well as wants and needs (Opinion Research, Customer Service and Product Development)
2. Early warning system of potential news angles that may emerge. (Crisis Management)
3. Find happy customers who can be utilized for quotes and advocacy efforts. (Public Relations)
4. Front line customer service efforts to improve the customer experience and learn from the customer (Service and Support)
5. Rapid deployment of news to an audience that wants to know. (Publicity)
6. Sharing of information with like minded individuals (cluster marketing)
7. Since Twitter is searchable, ala Google, it also becomes a massive database.